Self Catering Holidays
Self catering holidays have become highly popular and they offer a home away from home feel for many guests. With more flexibility and the ability to come and go as you please, it’s easy to see why self catering has become the preferred option for many couples, business travellers and families. When it comes to self catering it’s important you choose somewhere that has everything you’ll need to enjoy your break and one that is central to a main city or town.
Self catering is essentially renting a full property for a very short period of time, typically a few days to a couple of weeks. Properties will come with essentials such as cooking equipment and you’ll just need to bring things such as clothing, food and toiletries. Hargate Hall is a local self catering venue, situated near Buxton and right in the heart of The Peak District National Park.
Self Catering Holiday Checklist
Our self catering checklist is designed to help ensure you have everything you need for your stay:
- Equipment for any activities
- Activities/Toys for Children
- Cash and Card
- Insurance for foreign travellers
How To Enjoy Your Self Catering Break
When using self catering accommodation there are a number of things to check out to ensure your making the most of your stay in the local area, some of these are:
- Markets – If the nearby towns have markets be sure to check them out if they are on during your stay.
- Shopping – Many smaller towns have local boutiques and quirky shops you won’t find on the traditional high street.
- Food and Drink – Whether it’s eating in or taking away, be sure to check out some of the local cafes, takeaways, restaurants and pubs.
- Activities – See what’s available to see and do in the local area and try to test out something new like horse riding or fishing.
- Think Like A Local – If you’re heading to a tourist trap prices might be inflated in major supermarkets, instead check out where the local hit or ask around the best places to shop or visit during your stay.
Book Your Stay at Hargate Hall
If you’re looking to Holiday in Buxton or the Peak District this year, then Hargate Hall is the perfect place to stay. Our apartments give you everything you’ll need to enjoy your stay and you can book them directly through the website. We offer some great deals for which are available when booking directly with us. For more information on Hargate Hall or to discuss your stay with us in further detail, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.