Environmental Policy Statement
Hargate Hall recognises the potential environmental impact of being a successful and busy venue in a national park. We will aim to manage and reduce these impacts where practicably possible. We will aim to ensure that they are acceptable to the local community and that any adverse effects on the environment are kept to a minimum.
Hargate Hall is committed to design, develop and deliver quality services, whilst minimising the potential harmful effects of such actions. This includes the prevention of pollution, whenever and wherever this is practicable. Hargate Hall aims to deliver continual environmental improvement and maintain business excellence.
We are committed to achieving environmental best practice throughout our business activities by:
- Regularly monitoring and striving to reduce energy consumption, where reasonably possible.
- Continually examining our operations and processes to ensure best use of resources, minimise waste and maximise the use of suitable recycled materials.
- Monitoring and reviewing the use of transport on a continual basis so that the environmental impact can be kept to a minimum.
- Complying with all relevant legislation and striving to exceed requirements where practicably possible and appropriate.
- Regularly reviewing all environmental aspects of our business, and continually looking for ways to improve.
- Seeking to integrate environmental considerations and future business policy decisions.
- Communicating this policy as appropriate to customers and suppliers.
- Developing a system to implement and review this policy.
Hargate Hall will continually monitor its activities and take corrective action as required. This will help to ensure the aims and objectives are met and that we deliver continual environmental improvements.
The directors are both committed to this policy and have a joint responsibility to assist in the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
For further details on what we have done so far, what we are currently doing, and what we plan to do in the future please see our action plan.