Hargate Hall was built over 100 years ago. There are 3 steps into the building. Doors vary in width and a few are narrow. The living areas are generally of a good size and would present no issues to most wheelchair users. Bedrooms and bathroom vary by apartment. 4 of the apartments (Welbeck, Bakewell, Eyam and Sandringham) are on the ground floor and have the living area, and at least 1 bedroom and bathroom all on the same level.
Whilst we aim to welcome all guests, there are some period features that might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We are more than happy to discuss individual requirements.
Welbeck is our best apartment to wheelchair users. The doors are all over 3 feet wide and it is all on the ground floor. It has an accessible wet room, and we can provide a shower wheelchair. The bed will need to be moved slightly to allow wheelchair access to the wetroom, but we are very happy to assist with this if required.
Lots of information is held on our website. Bookings can be made by calling 01298 872591. A ramp can be provided to allow wheelchair access into the building. This is a pair of 8 ft aluminium ramps.
Hire of additional mobility equipment can be arranged through Wheel Freedom www.wheelfreedom.com.
The nearest shops are 5 miles away, but Asda, Tesco and Waitrose will deliver here. There are also some local shops in Tideswell who can deliver as well. The nearest main train station is Buxton There are usually accessible taxis at the station
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 4 pm. Earlier arrival my be possible by prior arrangement
- There is plenty of free parking outside the Hall on the flat gravel driveway. The Driveway and car park is all gravel, but there is space to drop off immediately in front of the Hall’s main door. We can also cone off a parking space next to the door if required. There is outside lighting as night for key areas
Main Entrance and Reception
- There is one main front entrances and a side door.
- Both entrances have 3 steps of varying height.
We have a a simple metal tread plate ramp, which is to the side of the entrance porch. This can easily be lifted into, and out out place as required.
- There are no lifts
- There are no public phones, but mobile reception is available of varying quality on most networks ( you have to move around the property to optimise reception)
- Lighting varies by room. Most rooms have central pendants.
- All exit routes, including staircases and hallways, have emergency lighting which will come on in the event of a power failure
- The two staircases are both carpeted and have handrails. The main staircase is 4 ft wide, with a quarter and half landing. The secondary staircase is a straight rise with a 90o turn at the top and 80cm wide
- A baby bath and child steps to reach sinks can be provided
Dining /Living Areas
- The dining / living areas vary by apartment, but all the ones in ground floor apartments apart from Bakewell are suitable for wheelchair users.
- The flooring is carpet
- Sofas and chairs are all movable
- There are various sofas some leather, some with loose covers
- TVs have remote controls
- We have domestic washer and dryer is provided however it is in the basement and therefore not suitable for wheelchair users
- Irons and ironing boards are available
- There are 22 bedrooms at Hargate Hall
- Basement – 6
- Ground Floor – 6
- First Floor – 9
- Second Floor – 1
- All bedrooms are carpeted
- Non feather duvets and pillows are provided in each room
- Extra blankets and pillows are available
- There is a hanging space or wardrobe, chests of drawers and mirrors in every bedroom
- Bed linen and hand towel are provided
- There are 15 bathrooms within Hargate Hall
- At present Welbeck’s bathroom is the best for wheelchair access.
- Floors are either vinyl flooring or tiles.
- Welbeck, Eyam and Balmoral have separate showers, the others have showers are over baths
- Kitchens are in the living areas of each apartment.
- The floor is tiled. There is a good colour contrast between walls, cupboards and other surfaces
- All have fitted cupboards and standard work surfaces (work top height is 92cm)
- There is plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware for all guests
- A fridge is in each apartment
- Freezers are situated in the basement and on the 1st floor
- The kitchen contains a single oven and 4 ring electric hob, and microwave
- The garden has gravel paths and some steps to some sections. It slopes on a slight hill. There are two doors from the property into the garden, both of which involve 3 steps.
- The garden is mature, with flowers and lawn,
- All guests are welcome to use the garden
- Chairs and tables and BBQ are available
- The house has fire alarms throughout
- There emergency lighting on all exit routes and stairwells
- All kitchens and communal areas have fire extinguishers.
- There is strictly a no smoking, no fireworks and no candle policy. You may smoke in the garden. Three are sand pots provided for used cigarette ends
- There are comprehensive information folders provided in the property
- Mobile phone reception is poor / OK depending network
- Please note that the layout may be subject to change
Telephone 01298 872591
Address: Hargate Hall, Wormhill, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8TA
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you do have any comments please phone 01298 872591 or email email@example.com.