COVID-19 has led to cancelled weddings, postponed weddings, and redesigned weddings. Understandably lots of people have taken a break from wedding planning or they’ve had to change plans. Some couples due to the extended delays, may potentially visit this website or speak to a legal professional about potentially signing a prenuptial agreement, which might help them stay excited about a wedding that’s been delayed.
There is no ‘right or wrong’ when it comes to wedding planning but if you feel like you need a little boost, check out our tops tips for getting excited about your wedding again. It’s time to get re-engaged with your DIY wedding planning.
Top three tips for getting excited about planning your wedding
- Make it fun again!
Weddings might have seemed to have lost a little bit of sparkle recently, but it’s only because we’ve all missed them. It’s been a long confetti-free winter and we’re all ready for weddings again. One of the best things you can do to get excited about wedding planning again is to make it fun.
– Why not start by watching some classic wedding films, you could even watch them over Zoom or Skype with a bridesmaid or family member?
– Buy some wedding magazines and put some music on, take some time out just to look, rather than pressure yourself to make formal wedding plans.
– Have fun searching for some fun and inspirational stationery. Buy a brand-new wedding planning notebook. Check out some wedding planning bullet journals on Pinterest, and just have fun with planning.
– Have fun crafting a DIY decoration or extra wedding element you didn’t think you’d have time to make.
– You may ask your closest friend to serve as your additional personalized wedding photographer. You could even urge that he read the posts on the websites like testerheld.de, which might provide him with information on how to become a photographer. It could be a fun task for both of you.
- Don’t rush.
If you don’t feel ready to throw yourself back into wedding planning, then don’t. Take out as much time as you need. You’ve got the basics covered, and that’s the most important thing. There is no pressure to get everything sorted. It might feel like you’ve taken a step backwards after having to change plans, but you will get everything in place once more.
There is a huge scarcity rumour running rife at the moment, the idea that there aren’t enough wedding suppliers going around for summer 2021 weddings. This has led to some people ‘panic booking’ suppliers.
Please don’t worry. You will find your suppliers, lots of businesses are looking to diversify and new suppliers crop up all the time. There is no need to rush a decision for fear that ‘someone else might book them first’. You might regret it if you jump in too soon. Take your time.
- Remember why you wanted a wedding in the first place…
In the hype of wedding planning, sometimes it’s easy to forget that after the wedding there is a marriage. And that’s the most important thing. The reason for all the wedding planning and possible stress is because you are preparing for marriage. You are planning the special day that will launch you into the start of a lifelong commitment. And that’s the most important thing.
Before you jump straight into Pinterest, open bridal magazines or start your supplier searches, why not spend one evening talking with your partner about the things you are most looking forward to about getting married? Make a list. Or plan some ‘marriage goals’.
The best way to get excited about wedding planning again is to focus on the real reason for the wedding, especially if the wedding day has changed from what you had originally hoped for.
We’d love to talk more about your wedding. You can call us on 01298 872591. Or email us at email@example.com with your wedding plans and we’ll do what we can to help, or we can put you in touch with our long list of expert suppliers. We’ve missed weddings just as much as you have, and we can’t wait to get excited about them again!