Have you ever been to a venue open day and worried about what questions you should ask? Or have you returned home from a wedding venue viewing and then a million questions have suddenly appeared? Do you wish you had asked them when you had the chance, but it’s now too late? Keep reading to find out the important questions you must as your dream wedding venue.
How to select your venue?
Choosing your wedding venue is possibly one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make in the lead-up to your big day. The venue is the anchor. The key decision that all your other decisions will be based on. That’s why it’s important you get it right. But it can be so overwhelming. Trying to decide which venue is ‘the one’ from the hundreds of choices, whilst sticking to your budget, is tricky.
Advice for selecting your wedding venue
– Open days are a great way to see venues, they are often set up or dressed for a wedding, helping you imagine what your day might be like.
– 1-1 Appointments with venues are also a great way to look around a potential choice.
– Researching online is also a great way to shortlist venues.
– Attending weddings of friends and family can also help you narrow down what you do and don’t want.
However, one of the best ways to determine if a venue is right for you is to ask questions. Most venues should be willing to answer any and every question you can throw at them. We’ve listed some questions to help get you started.
Questions to ask your wedding venue
General Venue Questions
1. Will we have exclusive use?
2. Where are the ideal locations for photos?
3. What’s the cancellation policy? What if there is bad weather?
4. Are there mandatory suppliers?
5. Can you provisionally hold our wedding date? If so, how long for?
6. Who will be the main point of contact in the lead-up to the wedding?
7. Are timings flexible?
8. Can we play loud music? Is there a curfew?
9. Can we have fireworks?
10. Do you have restrictions on types of confetti?
11. Do you have disabled access?
12. Do you require a deposit? How Much? When does the full balance need to be paid?
Ceremony & Guests
13. Are you licenced for civil ceremonies?
14. Do you have your own registrar?
15. What are the capacities for each room (especially the ceremony room)? Is this seated or standing?
16. How many guests can we host for the day and evening reception?
17. Is there guest accommodation?
18. Are there any restrictions on decorating the venue?
19. What’s the cancellation policy?
20. Are there mandatory suppliers?
21. What time can we access the venue to set up?
22. What solutions do you have for parking?
23. Do you offer on-the-day coordination support?
24. Do you offer cleaning packages for after the wedding?
25. What items are included in the venue hire? (e.g. chairs, tables, linen?)
26. Can we view the venue before the wedding as many times as we want?
27. Do you have the appropriate insurance?
28. How much time does it take to decorate the venue?
29. Why is this venue good for a DIY wedding?
30. Can you share ideas and advice from previous weddings?
We’d love to answer any questions you may have about Hargate Hall. We want it to be the right venue for you. You can call us on 01298 872591. Or email us at email@example.com with your wedding ideas and we’ll do what we can to help, or we can put you in touch with our long list of expert suppliers.